This Oven Baked Honey Soy Sesame Cauliflower is an umami rich dish, full of sticky, sweet flavours that will delight vegetarians and meat eaters alike. It is quick to prepare and then happily bakes in the oven.
When the #SundaySupper group set this week as cauliflower I wasn't sure what to share with you, then everything went a bit wrong and this wonderful Honey Soy Sesame Cauliflower was born. Perfect for #SundaySupper and pretty much the best way I have ever found to eat cauliflower!
This cauliflower recipe is based on my Oven Baked Honey Soy Sesame Chicken, a recipe that has been on my site for a couple of years and is in dire need of a picture re-vamp. They are shockers!!!! A few weeks back I finally got around to cooking the recipe ready to taking new photos!!! Well that was the plan!
A few weeks ago, I had the chicken defrosted and was mixing up the glaze when I realised I was low on soy sauce, completely low!!! As in, tipping the bottle totally upside down and waiting for the last few drips. Even with this I only ended up with a meagre 2 tablespoons. Not enough for all the chicken, so I shelved that and used the glaze on some cauliflower that I was going to roast with rosemary for dinner. (That's another recipe on my site that needs new photos!)
It was all change in the sprinkles and sprouts kitchen 😉 but as with so many last minute plans, it was one of the best plans!!! This cauliflower was delicious!!! Seriously delicious. More delicious that I thought cauliflower could be! I mean it is cauliflower!!!
But this was soooooo good!
I made the recipe again just to check my quantities and passed a tester pot to a friend, her feedback "OMG that cauliflower....it's bloody amazing. It didn't last long"
That is the sort of recipe I love!!!! Food that makes people happy.
And what is more Mr 7 ate it (and he is really not a cauliflower fan!)
So I am super happy to share this Oven Baked Honey Soy Sesame Cauliflower with you today! Below the recipe you'll find links to all the other #SundaySupper Cauliflower recipes.
Come play on Pinterest!
Also find me on:
Let's share the food love and make the world a tastier place 🙂
Oven Baked Honey Soy Sesame Cauliflower #SundaySupper
- 1 head of cauliflower
- 1 red onion
- 2 tbsp honey
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- ½ tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 2 cloves garlic
- ½ tsp fennel seeds
- 2 tsp toasted sesame seeds
- fresh coriander for garnish
- Pre-heat the oven to 390ºF/200ºC.
- Remove the leaves from the cauliflower and break it into small florets.
- Peel the onion and then cut it into thin wedges.
- Line a baking tray with tin foil and then cooking paper (baking parchment).
- Arrange the cauliflower and red onion on the tray.
- Add the honey, soy sauce, apple cider vinegar and sesame oil to a jug.
- Grate/crush in the garlic and add the fennel seeds.
- Give the sauce a good whisk and then pour over the cauliflower.
- Roast for 20 minutes until the cauliflower is cooked and the sauce has reduced slightly.
- Serve topped with toasted sesame seeds and some fresh coriander.
If you love food why not subscribe to my newsletter, I will drop you an email every now and then, just to say hi and send you a couple of recipes think you might love, like this Oven Baked Honey Soy Sesame Cauliflower.
It isn't everyday! I am not that organised. Usually it is once a week (ish). And as a thank you I will send you my soup cookbook FREE. Full of my fav soups!
Subscribe today 🙂
Signup and get my FREE soup cookbook.
Signup and get my FREE soup cookbook.
Creative Cauliflower Recipes #SundaySupper
Special thanks to Caroline from Caroline’s Cooking for hosting this even and Christie from A Kitchen Hoor's Adventures for getting everything together behind the scenes for this weeks #SundaySupper Round-up.
Creative Cauliflower Starters and Sides
- Bang Bang Califlower Bites by Sunday Supper Movement
- Cauliflower Bacon Gratin by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- German Cauliflower Salad by A Kitchen Hoor's Adventures
- Loaded Cauliflower Casserole by Fantastical Sharing of Recipes
- Loaded Smashed Cauliflower Bites by My Life Cookbook
- Spicy Roasted Bacon Tomato Cauliflower by Food Lust People Love
- Vegetarian Nachos by Simple and Savory
Make My Cauliflower a Main Dish
- Cheesy Cauliflower Soup by Hardly A Goddess
- Low-Carb Cauliflower Rice Pilaf with Ground Beef & Cabbage by Sue’s Nutrition Buzz
- Oven Baked Honey Soy Sesame Cauliflower by Sprinkles and Sprouts
- Roasted Cauliflower and Vegetable Soup by Palatable Pastime
- Roasted Cauliflower Steak with Salsa Verde by Caroline's Cooking
- Salmon with Creamy Cauliflower Farro by Cooking Chat
- Shrimp Stir Fry with Cauli Rice by Our Good Life
- Spicy Cauliflower Tacos by Pies and Plots
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board. Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.