This Moroccan spiced butter is packed with flavour! It smells beautiful! Even wrapped up in the cling film you can smell the wonderful spices. It is like being whisked off to Marrakesh.
This is one to add to your steak when you serve it with roasted vegetables. Or onto a grilled chicken breast along side some couscous. (ooooh!!!! Top the couscous with the butter too!!!! Such a plan!!!)
I gave this butter to my gorgeous friend Tash, we were stood outside the Pre-primary classroom discussing ways to use it!!! The great thing about this butter, well other than the colour, smell and taste!!! Is that the flavours are all wonderful aromatic spices, but there is no real heat. Making it perfect for kids. Perfect for Tash's sweetheart foodie daughter!!! Little miss 2, who loves her food and is going to be the best foodie ever when she is older!!!
If you love the idea of flavoured butters then check out the buttery deliciousness that is my Compound Butter Recipe Collection.
Moroccan Spice Butter
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1 teaspoon ground smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- ½ teaspoon ground fennel seeds
- Small handful of coriander
- 125 g /1/2 cup/1 stick butter
- Place all the ingredients except the butter into the food processor and give it a good blitz.
- Use a spatula to push the sides down, add the butter and pulse blitz until you have a well combined butter.
- Lay a large strip of cling film out on the bench , spoon the butter into a rough log onto the long edge of the cling film. (It will take up the centre 3rd of the the cling film. Carefully roll the cling film around the butter, then pinch the ends together and keep rolling it tight until you have a nice tight log.
- Tie a quick knot in the ends of the cling film and store it in the fridge.
Leave a Reply