These Mini Savory Cheesecakes with Caviar and Chives are such a great party canapé or appetizer.
The freeform nature gives them a slightly rustic look and then the use of caviar adds an elegantly edge. Elegantly rustic?
Is that a thing? Ha, I am making it a thing!!! Plus they can be made in advance and looks so pretty on your platter or plate. What is not to love about that!
I just love how pretty these are. The colours pop, especially on the blue buffet table I had set up. The bright orange of the salmon roe, the wonderful fresh green chive and the white pop of cream cheese. They are so preeeeety!
And so yummy!!! The caviar adds a salty hit to the smooth cream cheese. And a little goes a long way. Making these Mini Savory Cheesecakes a cost effective yet elegant bite.
They would be perfect for a Christmas canapé or for New Years Eve.
I like to use salmon roe for these Savory Cheesecakes with caviar, as the colour is so beautiful and it is more cost effective.
The amount you add is quite flexible. I add 4 tablespoons and that is enough to fleck the mixture with the bright orange salty jewels.
If you have plenty then you might like to garnish the top with some extra caviar. Or add a snip of chives to the top.
p.s If you want another canapé idea for your party, why not check out our 3 easy smoked salmon appetizers. They are all made with the same base ingredients and look beautiful together on a platter.
Mini Savory Cheesecakes with Caviar and Chives
- 1 ¼ cup cracker crumbs
- 4 tbsp salted butter - melted
- 1 egg white
- 1 ¼ cup cream cheese at room temperature
- ¼ cup sour cream
- 1 tbsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 tbsp lemon zest
- ½ tbsp minced fresh chive
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 4 tbsp salmon roe red caviar
- Preheat oven to 350ºF/170ºC.
- Combine the cracker crumbs, melted butter and egg white together in a small bowl.
- Use a mini muffin tin and press ½ tablespoon of the crumb mixture into each well.
- Bake for 10 minutes until crisp.
- Allow to cool for 5 minutes and then remove from the tin and cool completely.
- Add the cream cheese to an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment and mix until just smooth. Add the sour cream, lemon juice, chopped chives, salt, and pepper. Mix again.
- Add in the salmon roe (caviar) and give it one last mix.
- Spoon the cheese mixture over the prepared bases and chill until needed.
- Garnish with extra caviar or a small piece of chive.