Happy New Year. I wish you all a happy and blessed 2015.
I have started the year as I mean to go on. Some yummy food, some time at the beach and in the sea and then soaking in the bath with a glass of bubbles (the alcoholic kind not the bath kind). Not a bad start to 2015 🙂
I have also written a list of things I am going to achieve this year. It isn’t so much a resolution list, more, well more like a list of yearly objectives. Are they the same thing? Maybe, but I find resolutions start all at once and then once one gets broken it is far to easy to give up. This is a list that I want to achieve by 2016. So if I don’t start one until October then it doesn’t matter at all.
- Continue with the blog and post 4-5 times a week.
- Develop my blog further, perhaps with an ecookbook.
- Make time each month to have an individual date with each of my little men. I’m starting this one tomorrow by taking Mr 7 for lunch.
- Put the washing away when I take it off the washing line, rather than stacking it in a pile. 😳 Think this one is by far the most ambitious!
- Sit down for lunch with my bestie more than twice in the next 12 months! Sorry for this year Trudes x
- Plan and build my dream kitchen in the new house. Excited about this one, I love kitchens.
- Make an effort to cook more desserts for my family (and the blog).
- Buy the Christmas presents for my nephews before September so I can get them sent to the UK by ship. Thus meaning I can buy bigger and heavier items.
- Work out how to use my DSLR in Manual Mode. At the moment it is a bit hit and miss so I revert back to my known and trusted Aperture Mode.
- Moisturise every day.
I did consider putting ‘Have a date with George Cloony’ on there, but I figured that might be a pipe dream!
So shall I share more about the yummy food? I treated myself this morning and started the day with a Grilled Avocado and a Smoked Salmon Cream. It was divine. So completely and utterly scrumptious that I ate both halves!
If you haven’t tried grilled avocado then please give it a go, the flavour and texture are delicious. And in my eyes anything that has sour cream and smoked salmon in it is a winning dish.
If you love this recipe why not sign up for my FREE newsletter, packed with recipes, tips and tricks.
Signup and get my FREE soup cookbook.
Also find me on:
Let’s share the food love and make the world a tastier place 🙂
Grilled Avocado and a Smoked Salmon Cream
- 1 ripe but still firm avocado
- 3 tbsp sour cream
- 1/4 tsp creamed horseradish
- 100 g smoked salmon
- 1 tsp dill
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- pinch salt
- freshly cracked black pepper
- Place a ridged griddle pan on a high heat.
- Cut the avocado in half and remove the stone.
- Place the avocado halves onto the hot griddle, cut side down.
- Press down lightly and then leave to cook and charr, for about 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile make up the smoked salmon cream.
- In a small bowl mix together the sour cream and the horseradish.
- Finely chop the smoked salmon and add it to the cream.
- Stir through the dill and lemon zest, check for seasoning and add salt if required.
- Gently push the avocados down and then remove from the pan.
- Top each avocado hole with a large spoonful of smoked salmon cream and served with a wedge of lemon and a garnish of black pepper.