Homemade mayonnaise is easy to make, tastes amazing and you know exactly what is in it! It takes about 2 minutes to turn the ingredients into fresh mayonnaise.
Top Tips for making mayonnaise at home:
- Use a neutral oil like vegetable, sunflower or canola oil. If you use olive oil the mayonnaise has a very strong flavor and is slightly bitter. If you want an olive oil mayonnaise try using 1/3 cup olive oil and 2/3 cup of neutral oil.
- When you add the egg ensure the yolk stays whole. This is what creates the magic!
- Use the head of your stick blender (also called immersion blender) to totally cover the egg yolk. This helps to start the emulsification.
- Use the highest speed your stick blender has.
- Move the blender slowly though the oil to ensure everything emulsifies.
Homemade Mayonnaise Video
Bit excited today as this is my first ever Sprinkles and Sprouts video.
I have a lot to learn!!! Don’t think I will be getting any jobs with Spielberg soon!!! But hey. I do have a jar of homemade mayonnaise!!!! 🙂
And I promise you can make it too! It is super simple and quick. Under 2 minutes for homemade mayonnaise!!!!!!
Easy Whole Egg Mayonnaise
- 1 cup neutral oil (vegetable/sunflower/canola)
- 1 egg
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 2 tsp Dijon mustard
- pinch of salt
- pinch of white pepper
- Pour the oil into a jug that will fit the head of your stick blender.
- Add in the Dijon mustard, lemon juice, salt and white pepper.
- Then careful crack the egg in, be careful not to break the yolk.
- Place the head of the stick blender over the yolk and then turn the speed to high and slowly bring the blender up through the oil.
- You should have a glossy rich homemade mayonnaise within seconds.
If you love this recipe and video for homemade mayonnaise why not subscribe to my newsletter, then you can have delicious recipes straight into your inbox. What is more, as a thank you I will send you my soup ebook for FREE!
Subscribe today 🙂
Signup and get my FREE soup cookbook.
Also find me on:
Let’s share the food love and make the world a tastier place 🙂