Is there anything better than buttery seafood? The smell of shrimp roasting with butter is one of utter perfection. Slightly salty, super buttery, lightly spiced and with enough lemon to cut through the richness I challenge you not to lick your fingers as you pick up these delicious curried lemon butter shrimp.
Add a big tray of these to the table, serve up some crusty bread and let everyone dig in. It may not to elegant but it will be amazing!
You could also tip the whole tray of glorious buttery shrimp over a bowl of fluffy white rice. Or serve them as a topping for jacket potatoes, maybe with a sprinkling of cheese. Curry and cheese works surprisingly well!
I either use my homemade curry powder for this dish (get the recipe here), or a mild korma blend of curry powder, it adds a sweet aromatic curry hint rather than a fiery bite.
But if you have a favourite powder then substitute that in. For chilli fiends a generous pinch of cayenne pepper will perk everything up.
If you love this recipe why not subscribe to my newsletter, then you can have delicious recipes straight into your inbox. What is more as a thank you I will send you my soup ebook for FREE!
Subscribe today 🙂
Signup and get my FREE soup cookbook.
Also find me on:
Let’s share the food love and make the world a tastier place 🙂
Curried Lemon Butter Shrimp
- 500 g raw tail on prawns shrimp
- 50 g butter
- 1 tsp mild curry powder (I either use a korma curry powder or my own homemade mixture )
- 1/4 tsp white pepper
- pinch of cayenne pepper - optional see notes
- juice of one lemon
- salt to taste (depending on how salty your butter is)
- Small handful of coriander
- Pre-heat the oven to 220ºC/200ºC fan forced/Gas mark 7.
- Clean and de-vein the prawns and dry on kitchen paper.
- Place the butter in a heatproof bowl and warm in the microwave until just melted (In my microwave this takes about 60 seconds but all microwaves are different)
- Mix the curry powder, white pepper and cayenne pepper (if using) into the butter.
- Add the lemon juice, mix well and taste. Add more salt if needed.
- Tip the prawns to the butter and stir to coat.
- Line a baking sheet with kitchen paper.
- Spread the prawns out in a single layer and bake for 10 minutes at the top of the oven.
- Remove from the oven and serve sprinkled with coriander.