Mozzarella and Watermelon Salad Recipe
Everyone loves a Caprese salad, but this summer why not change it up a little and add some refreshing watermelon to the mix. Watermelon is such a wonderful summer flavor and it works so well here with the creamy mozzarella and peppery radish leaves. Usually paired with feta, this watermelon salad is something beautifully different and is sure to have the family asking for salad all summer long!
Prep Time5 mins
Total Time5 mins
Use the options below to toggle between cups and grams (if relevant)
- 1 1/2 cups cubed watermelon
- 1 fresh mozzarella ball - see note 1
- 1 handful microgreens - see note 2
- 1 1/2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- Sea salt
- Black pepper
Arrange the watermelon on a plate.
Drain the mozzarella ball and then tear into pieces.
Arrange the mozzarella between the watermelon chunks.
Top the salad with your microgreens.
Drizzle everything with the extra virgin olive oil.
Season generously with sea salt flakes and black pepper.
- To get the best out of your salad you want to fresh mozzarella, rather than loaf mozzarella (low moisture mozzarella). Fresh mozzarella is much softer, creamier and will rip into delicious fibrous chunks. If you can find it then Buffalo Mozzarella (Mozzarella di Bufala) is amazingly soft and creamy. It has a sweeter saltier tang to it, a much softer texture and is so delicious. It is definitely worth buying should you see it.
- Pick any microgreens you like, here we used radish. Cress would be a wonderful option too. Alternatively you can use the traditional basil.
Calories: 129kcal | Carbohydrates: 9g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 11g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 1mg | Sodium: 4mg | Potassium: 128mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 7g | Vitamin A: 650IU | Vitamin C: 9.2mg | Calcium: 8mg | Iron: 0.3mg