6 ingredient Chicken Tortellini Soup
This is a super quick recipe, it is a 5 minute dash around the supermarket so you can have dinner on the table in under 10 minutes. And we are not talking microwave meals here! A filling chicken tortellini soup that is as easy as heating up a can of soup. But sooooo much better!
Prep Time2 mins
Cook Time5 mins
Total Time7 mins
Servings: 2 -4
Use the options below to toggle between cups and grams (if relevant)
- 4 cups chicken stock (from a cube, carton or concentrate is fine)
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 rotisserie chicken - or 2 raw chicken breasts - See additional notes
- 1 bag tortellini approx 375g/13oz - the packets that suggest they serve 2
- 1 small bag spinach (90g/3oz)
- 1 lemon
- salt and pepper to taste
Pour the chicken stock into a large pan, lightly squash the garlic with the back of a knife (but keep it whole), add this to the stock and bring to the boil.
Meanwhile strip the meat from the breasts of the rotisserie chicken (Wrap the rest in clingfilm - see note 1 )
Once the stock is boiling, add the tortellini and cook for 1 minutes less than the packet suggests.
After this time add the chicken and cook for a further minute.
Divide the spinach between bowls and spritz each bowl with some lemon juice.
Remove the whole garlic cloves from the broth and then spoon it over the spinach.
Garnish, generously with parmesan. (See note 2 for alternative toppings)
- If you want to cook the chicken yourself, bring the stock to the boil then lower in the chicken breasts and turn down to a low simmer. Poach gently for 10 minutes.
- Additional toppings:
- Add in some chopped red chillies
- Mushrooms would be good in the bowl with the spinach
- To bulk out the meal you could add a tin of drained cannelloni beans.
- Prawns work fabulously instead of chicken. Add them in with the pasta.
- Or make this vegetarian, remove the chicken and add in some chopped capsicum and frozen sweetcorn. (use veg stock)
Calories: 535kcal | Carbohydrates: 23g | Protein: 60g | Fat: 22g | Saturated Fat: 6g | Cholesterol: 211mg | Sodium: 236mg | Potassium: 345mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 245IU | Vitamin C: 30.5mg | Calcium: 106mg | Iron: 4mg