This quick and easy Thai Fish, lives up to it's name.
Ready in under 15 minutes, this is dinner in a hurry with the flavour ramped up!!!
A delicious creamy Thai curry sauce and sweet soft flaky fish. This Thai fish is delicious!
Shush!!! Don't tell anyone but this Thai fish dish might be one of the simplest curry recipes I have ever made! It is definitely the quickest! And no one would know!!! It tastes amazing, so rich and creamy but fresh and light. Dinner in 15 minutes!! Yes please!
On Monday when I shared my recipe for homemade Thai red curry paste I promised you an amazing fish dish! And I promise you this will not disappoint. I mean, look at the white fish, the orange sauce and the fresh green herbs. It is just mouthwatering isn't it??!!! Don't you just want to pull up a chair and grab some chopsticks!
Whilst the homemade curry paste is a factor I promise you, that you can make this with store bought paste and it will still blow your family's mind!!! It is that good!!! The key to using a shop bought paste is adding extra oil, extra garlic, extra ginger and then frying the paste until you get the oil separating. Even when I use my homemade paste I do this step, it makes all the difference!
There is a secret ingredient in this recipe that helps to balance the spicy from the chillies, I soak the fish in pineapple juice. Not for very long as pineapple juice contains an enzyme that breaks down proteins. You want it in there no longer than 5 minutes. But the touch of sweetness really makes the fish sing 🙂 If you are a pineapple hater then leave it out the dish will still be yummy!
If you love this recipe for Quick and Easy Thai Fish why not subscribe to my newsletter, then you can have delicious recipes straight into your inbox. What is more, as a thank you I will send you my soup ebook for FREE!
Subscribe today 🙂
Signup and get my FREE soup cookbook.
Also find me on:
Let's share the food love and make the world a tastier place 🙂
Quick and Easy Thai Fish
- 4 x 200g firm white fish fillets 7oz
- 1 small can crushed pineapple 220g/8oz
- pinch of salt
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 cm piece ginger
- 1 tbsp oil
- 5 tbsp Thai Red Curry Paste Homemade or store bought
- 1 can coconut cream (400ml/13oz)
- 250 ml /1 cup fish stock or vegetable
- 1 tsp fish sauce
- 1 red chilli
- handful of fresh coriander
- handful of thai basil
- handful of fresh mint
- 1 tbsp crispy fried shallots
- 1 lime
- Jasmine rice (to serve)
- Place the fish in a shallow non-metal dish. Pour over the crushed pineapple and turn the fish gently.
- Sprinkle each fillet with a pinch of salt and set aside. (see notes)
- Peel and mince the garlic and ginger (I use a microplanes grater)
- Heat the oil in a large sauté pan (one with a lid) over a low heat.
- Add the garlic and ginger and cook gently until it gets aromatic
- Stir in the curry paste and then cook for 3 minutes until the oil starts to separate from the paste.
- Pour in the coconut cream and the fish stock then bring it to a simmer.
- Remove the fish from the pineapple and place the fillets into the sauce in a a single layer.
- Place the lid on the pan, lower the eat and cook for 6-8 minutes until the fish is just cooked through.
- Whilst the fish is cooking roughly chop the fresh herbs together and slice the red chilli
- Serve the fish topped with a handful of herbs and a sprinkling of the chilli and crispy onions.
- Place the lime wedges on the table so everyone can add it as they wish.
- Serve with jasmine rice (optional)
Quick and Easy Thai Fish