These Crispy Pretzel Coated Chicken Fingers are perfect for all the family. Serve them with a dipping sauce as a snack or team them with mash and gravy for a great mid-week meal.
Man life has been crazy recently and I have been a bit distracted from blogging. I keep thinking today is the day I will get back into it. I have been cooking and taking photos but writing a post is getting harder and harder!
At first it was just finding the time, now it is something different! It is 11am and I have nothing else to do but write a blog post before I pick the boys up from school. That is 4 hours to get a post written. Shall I tell you a secret? I have been sat here since 10am trying to decide what to write!
It's the funny thing about writing, once you stop you lose all confidence in your own ability.
"I don't have anything new to say"
"What if this post is terrible?"
"Is there anything to say about these Crispy Pretzel Coated Chicken Fingers?"
"Oh man was this always this hard?"
"I wonder if an 5th coffee will help"
They are all flying through my head!
Then I realised, just like getting back in the on a bike after you fall off, or eating toast after a really sore throat, or the first glass of wine after a hideous hangover, you just have to do it. The first time may not go so well, but you'll have done the first time and you know the second time will be easier. (Hmmmm, maybe the hangover analogy isn't the best!) But I am still sure doing something is the best plan.
So that is what I am doing, I am sat with a large coffee (kind of wishing it was a large wine) and writing everything that is flying about in my head! It isn't Shakespeare, in fact it isn't even a free book from Amazon but it is at least some words on a page.
I really won't be offended if you jump straight down to the recipe, I mean food is so much better than my drivel! In fact here is a button just for you 😉
But I have made a start, I have taken my first step and tomorrow I will be back up and running....well maybe, but I will certainly be more ready than I was this morning. (And in case you were wondering, I am not sure if the 5th coffee helped, but it did make me type super quickly!!!!)
Okay, so these Crispy Pretzel Coated Chicken Fingers are something the boys and I made in the school holidays! It rained and rained and rained for pretty much two weeks solid. Not a fun holiday for the boys! And not a fun holiday for me either! Every day they spent inside left them not tired at bedtime and getting more and more cranky with each other!
So we hit the kitchen! They were weary of the breading process and the messy hands, but we got there. Although neither of them could grasp the concept of one hand for the egg and the other hand for the dry ingredients!
Still they had fun. (There are a few photos of them cooking after the recipe on this post)
If you love this recipe for Oven Baked Crispy Pretzel Coated Chicken Fingers why not pin it for later.
Come play on Pinterest.
Also find me on:
Let's share the food love and make the world a tastier place 🙂
Oven Baked Crispy Pretzel Coated Chicken Fingers
- 3 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 eggs
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup flour
- ½ teaspoon mustard powder
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- 1 ½ cups crushed pretzels
- 1 tablespoon onion flakes
- 1 lb chicken tenders (450g) (or chicken breasts cut into strips)
- Pre-heat the oven to 200ºC/400ºF.
- Pour the vegetable oil into a non-stick roasting tin and place it in the oven to heat up.
- Crack the eggs into a shallow bowl and season with ¼ teaspoon of the salt.
- Place the flour into a second shallow bowls. Season it with the remaining ¼ teaspoon of salt, the mustard powder and the paprika.
- Tip the crushed pretzels into another shallow bowl and mix in the onion flakes.
- Take a strip of chicken and dip it into the flour, then the egg. Lastly dip it in the pretzel mixture. (If you use one hand for the egg stage and the other hand for the two dry ingredients, you should avoid really sticky fingers)
- Set it aside on a lined baking tray.
- Repeat with the remaining chicken fingers.
- Place the fingers in the pre-heated roasting tin and cook for 8 minutes, flip chicken with a pair of tongs, and bake for another 8 minutes.
- Check the chicken is cooked through and serve with a dipping sauce or mash and gravy.
The boys had a blast making these Crispy Pretzel Coated Chicken Fingers.