This recipe is the forth in my leftover chicken series.
This is a super quick lunch idea. Or make a few more, serve with a salad and some salsa and you have yourself dinner. You can pretty much add what you like to these gorgeous chicken quesadillas. Slices of capsicum or mushrooms would be great!
They are pretty simple to make and the quantities are totally up to you. If you want to add more spice or more beg then go ahead. Just be careful not to overload the quesadilla as this can make it hard to flip in the pan.
Cajun Chicken Quesadillas
- Place one tortilla into a dry frying pan. Spread over 1/4 of the cheese.
- Add half the chicken and then sprinkle over the cajun spice mix.
- Cut the tomato into slices and add half of it to the tortilla.
- Finely slice the red onion and scatter over the tortilla
- Chop the chilli and sprinkle half over the tortilla.
- Top with some spinach leaves and another 1/4 of the cheese.
- Place another tortilla on top and then place the frying pan over a medium/low heat.
- Cook the tortilla for 3 minutes until the cheese is starting to melt.
- Carefully use a fish slice to turn the tortilla and cook for a further 3-4 minutes until golden and the inside is melted.
- Repeat with the remaining ingredients.
- Serve cut into wedges with a slice of lime.