Prosciutto Maple Salmon Recipe
This delicious oven baked Prosciutto Wrapped Maple Salmon makes a quick and easy weeknight dinner, all cooked together in one pan. The salmon fillets are glazed with sweet maple syrup and then wrapped in smoky prosciutto before being seared in a pan and then finished in the oven. Perfect for two on date night or easily double the recipe for your family or entertaining. Great served with a side of pea mash or a healthy salad, this Prosciutto Maple Salmon is a great way to enjoy fish!
Prep Time5 mins
Cook Time10 mins
Total Time15 mins
Use the options below to toggle between cups and grams (if relevant)
- 2 salmon fillets - see note 1
- 1 tbsp maple syrup - see note 2
- 4 slices prosciutto - see note 3
- 1 tsp olive oil
- salt and black pepper
Pre-heat the oven to 425ºF/220ºC.
Brush each salmon fillet with the maple syrup then season with salt and pepper. Repeat on the underside of the salmon.
Lay two slices of prosciutto out on a board, making sure they are overlapping. Place the salmon on the prosciutto top side down and fold the prosciutto over to cover the salmon. Repeat with the second fillet.
Place a cast iron skillet or oven proof frying pan over a medium-high heat and add the olive oil.
Once the pan is hot, carefully place the salmon in the pan, seam side down.
Cook the salmon for 1 minute then carefully flip and cook for another minute on the top side.
Flip the salmon again and place it in the hot oven for 4-5 minutes (see note 4)
- It is best to use skin off fillets for this recipe as the salmon is wrapped so any skin wouldn't have a chance to crisp up.
- Use real maple syrup not the fake flavored kind.
- You can use serrano ham instead of the prosciutto. Or thin cut bacon would also work here.
- The salmon doesn't take long to cook, 4 minutes will give you a rare center, whilst 5 minutes will give you a flakier fish,
Calories: 298kcal | Carbohydrates: 7g | Protein: 28g | Fat: 17g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Cholesterol: 82mg | Sodium: 164mg | Potassium: 691mg | Sugar: 6g | Vitamin A: 50IU | Calcium: 27mg | Iron: 1mg