RECIPE - Easy Hollandaise Sauce
This simple 2 minute easy hollandaise sauce is delicious and stress free. Use it for eggs benedict, as a dip for vegetables or a pour over sauce for steak or chicken. A rich and buttery sauce with the mild tang of lemon juice. Delicious and using my method you can make easy hollandaise sauce at home!
Cook Time2 mins
Total Time2 mins
We don't suggest scaling this recipe down, it makes it very hard to mix.
- 1 stick unsalted butter (see note 1)
- 3 egg yolks
- 1/4 tsp salt (see note 1)
- Pinch of pepper - cayenne/white/black all work
- 4 tsp lemon juice
You will need a immersion blender (also called stick blender, wand blender, hand blender) for this recipe.
Place the butter in a small pan and melt it over a low heat. (Don't allow the butter to brown and turn off the heat as soon as the butter is just melted.) (see note 2)
Whilst the butter is melting, put the egg yolks, lemon juice, salt (if using) and pepper into a measuring jug that the head of your immersion blender fits into. (see note 3)
Blend the egg yolk mixture for a minute, until it lightens in colour and is well combined.
Keeping the blender in the jug, and with it running on the slowest setting, very slowly drizzle the hot melted butter over the egg mixture. (see note 4)
As the sauce combines move the blender up through the sauce. (see note 5)
Check the sauce, it should be slightly lemony and lightly seasoned.
You can now add extra lemon, salt and pepper to taste. Add as required and give it a quick blend to combine.
This is best served immediately but if that isn't possible place the jug in a bowl of body temperate water for up to an hour.
- If using salted butter, omit the salt from the recipe.
- You can melt the butter in a microwave or on the stove top.
- You need to put the eggs in a measuring jug, also called a large volume measuring cup.
- You need to slowly add the butter, otherwise your sauce will be runny.
- As you add the butter lift the stick blender up through the sauce and then move it back down through the sauce.
Serving: 1.5tbsp | Calories: 185kcal | Carbohydrates: 5g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 18g | Saturated Fat: 11g | Monounsaturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 135mg | Sodium: 100mg | Potassium: 83mg | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 700IU | Vitamin C: 35.5mg | Calcium: 20mg | Iron: 0.4mg