Grilled Chicken with Red Pepper Pasta
This Grilled Chicken with Red Pepper Pasta, is an elegant meal that's great for a quick weeknight dinner. The sweet, smoky taste of roasted bell peppers mixed with a little heavy cream makes a rich and creamy sauce that is truly packed with flavor, perfect next to the grilled chicken. A fabulous easy pasta recipe that the whole family will love!
Use the options below to toggle between cups and grams (if relevant)
For the roasted pepper cream sauce
- 1 jar roasted peppers, 12oz/330g jar - see note 1
- 2 garlic cloves
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup heavy cream
For the chicken and pasta
- 2 skinless, boneless chicken breasts
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp pepper
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 12 oz long pasta
- 1 tbsp salt
Set aside while you make the pasta and chicken.
Place the chicken on a chopping board and cover with a piece of baking paper or clingfilm.2 skinless, boneless chicken breasts
Use the flat side of a meat mallet (or a heavy rolling pin) to flatten the chicken until it is about 1/2" thick.
Season the chicken on both sides with salt and pepper. ½ tsp salt
¼ tsp pepper
Heat the olive oil in a heavy-based skillet.1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
Once it is hot, cook the chicken over high heat for 2-3 minutes on one side and then flip and cook for a further 2-3 minutes or until it is just cooked through. Remove from the heat and tent with foil to keep warm.
While the chicken is cooking, bring a large pan of water to a boil.
Once the water is boiling, salt it and add the spaghetti.1 tbsp salt
12oz/340g long pasta
Cook for 2 minutes less than the packet suggests.
Reserve 2 cups of the pasta cooking water and then drain the pasta.
Return the pasta to the pan along with the roasted red pepper sauce and 1/2 cup of the pasta cooking water.
Bring to a simmer and simmer gently until the pasta is cooked al-dente. Add more pasta cooking water if the sauce starts to get too thick.
Once the pasta and sauce are cooked, serve with the sliced grilled chicken.
- You can roast your own instead to do this you'll need 4 large red bell peppers.
- Preheat the broiler.
- Cut each bell pepper in half and remove the membrane and seeds.
- Place the bell peppers cut side down on a baking sheet and then grill under the broiler until the skin is blackened, and the flesh has softened - about 8-10 minutes.
- Transfer the bell peppers to a bowl and cover them with cling wrap (or a damp tea towel)
- Let the peppers cool. Once cooled, gently rub away the charred skin. Don't wash it away, or you will lose the wonderful flavor.
- Once skinned, proceed with the recipe as written.
Calories: 727kcal | Carbohydrates: 69g | Protein: 25g | Fat: 39g | Saturated Fat: 16g | Cholesterol: 118mg | Sodium: 3293mg | Potassium: 568mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 1334IU | Vitamin C: 41mg | Calcium: 97mg | Iron: 2mg