Spicy Corn Pasta
This Spicy Corn Pasta is a creamy, comforting dinner that uses fresh, frozen, or canned corn to make a delicious quick sauce for your noodles. This sauce has it all! Sweet from the corn, spice from the red pepper flakes, and a good helping of cream to bring it all together to make the most fantastic sauce! Serve this with spaghetti, tagliatelle (or any pasta shape), a little side salad and you have dinner for the whole family. Or use it as a side dish for your grilled chicken or seared steak!
Use the options below to toggle between cups and grams (if relevant)
- 12 oz pasta - see note 1
- 1 tbsp salt
- 4 tbsp butter
- 2 ½ cups corn - see note 2
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp pepper
- 3 garlic cloves crushed
- ½ tsp crushed red pepper flakes -see note 3
- ¼ tsp Italian herbs
- 1 cup heavy cream - see note 4
- ½ cup grated parmesan cheese
- Fresh basil/parsley
- extra parmesan
Bring a large pan of water to a boil. Add the salt and cook the pasta for 1 minute less than the packet suggests. (Set your timer)12 oz/340g pasta
2 tbsp salt
Remove 2 cups of the pasta cooking water. Drain the pasta.
While the pasta water is coming to a boil, melt the butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat.4 tbsp butter Add the corn and cook for 4-6 minutes until it has softened.2 ½ cups corn Season with salt and pepper, then add in the crushed garlic, the red pepper flakes, Italian herbs, and the heavy cream.½ tsp salt
¼ tsp pepper
3 crushed garlic cloves
1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
¼ tsp Italian herbs
1 cup heavy cream
Bring to a simmer and cook for 4-5 minutes over medium-high heat, until the sauce is thick. Reduce the heat to low until the pasta has finished cooking.
Add the drained pasta to the sauce along with 1/2 cup of the pasta cooking water.
Stir the pasta gently until it's coated in the sauce. Then add in the parmesan and more pasta cooking water if needed to make a luscious sauce.½ cup grated parmesan
Season to taste and serve.
- Use any pasta you have available. We like spaghetti, but a chunky shape works well too.
- You can use fresh, frozen, or canned corn for this recipe. If using frozen, there is no need to defrost it. And if using canned drain well first.
- Add more red pepper flakes if you like it extra spicy. Or reduce it to 1/4 tsp for a milder spice.
- You can replace the heavy cream with half and half or milk, but the sauce won't be as rich. To thicken a sauce made with milk or half and half, mix 1 tbsp of cornstarch into 1 tbsp of cold water and slowly whisk that into the milk/half and half.
Calories: 774kcal | Carbohydrates: 87g | Protein: 21g | Fat: 40g | Saturated Fat: 24g | Cholesterol: 123mg | Sodium: 2361mg | Potassium: 469mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 7g | Vitamin A: 1665IU | Vitamin C: 6mg | Calcium: 206mg | Iron: 2mg