Smoked Salmon Pasta Salad Recipe
This simple Smoked Salmon Pasta salad is a delicious make ahead recipe perfect for a summer picnic or pot luck. Everyone loves pasta salad, and it is easy to make for a crowd! A simple dressing of mayonnaise and sour cream, celery and gherkins for crunch, plus fresh dill and chives to create an easy salad bowl that will please the whole family. Packed with flavor this Smoked Salmon Pasta Salad is perfect for lunch or dinner!
Use the options below to toggle between cups and grams (if relevant)
- 2 cups dried pasta (see note 1)
- 3 tbsp mayonnaise
- 2 tbsp sour cream
- 1/4 cup celery (chopped)
- 2 tbsp gherkins (chopped) (see note 2)
- 1 tbsp fresh dill (chopped)
- 1 tbsp fresh chives (chopped)
- 3 oz smoked salmon (see note 3)
- 1 lemon
- salt and pepper
Cook the pasta in well salted water for 2 minutes longer than the packet suggests. Once cooked, drain and quickly cool the pasta under cold. running water.
Mix the mayonnaise and sour cream together in a small bowl, season with salt and pepper.
Pour the dressing over the pasta and stir gently to coat the pasta.
Add the chopped celery, gherkins, dill and chives to the pasta and then fold together to combine all the ingredients.
Add the smoked salmon pieces and stir well.
Garnish with extra dill and chives and serve, or refrigerate for upto 24 hours.
- You want to pick a pasta that will hold up to some stirring. So I would avoid things like farfalle (bowtie) pasta. Spirals work well, or you can go more traditional with a macaroni. A penne, rotini, or a ziti would also be a good choice.
- I like to use baby gherkins in this recipe as they tend to be crunchier and a little less sweet. But use your favorite kind.
- This recipe works perfectly with smoked salmon trimmings, making it more cost effective!
Calories: 228kcal | Carbohydrates: 26g | Protein: 8g | Fat: 10g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 12mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 130IU | Vitamin C: 14.8mg | Calcium: 22mg | Iron: 0.7mg