Witches Blood - A Halloween Cocktail
This Halloween cocktail is perfect for whipping up in a big batch for a crowd. An easy to make cocktail that mixes vodka, whiskey and lemon together to create a twist on a whisky sour recipe, but with the added sweetness of cherry. Serve a pitcher of this at your Halloween party, or add it to a punch bowl with some plastic spiders floating in it for a simple creepy effect. Or serve in a sugar rimmed martini glass for a dramatically spooky sip. The possibilities are frightening!
Prep Time5 mins
Total Time5 mins
Use the options below to toggle between cups and grams (if relevant)
To make a smaller quantity use the slider above to reduce the quantities
- 1/2 cup cherry schnapps
- 1/2 cup vodka - see note 1
- 1 cup whiskey
- 1/3 cup fresh lemon juice
- 4 cups cherry soda - see note 2
Pour the cherry schnapps, vodka, whisky and lemon juice into a pitcher.
Stir well with a cup of ice.
Gently pour in the cherry soda and stir carefully to combine.
- If you can find black vodka it would be great here, it makes the color much more dramatic. You could add a drop of black food coloring to normal vodka if you want the darker color. (see post for pictures)
- The darker your cherry soda the darker your cocktail will be. I bought a black cherry soda for these photos.
- How to sugar rim a glass:
- Squeeze some lemon juice into a saucer
- OPTIONAL STAGE: Add some food coloring, be generous you want the colour to be quite intense.
- Mix it with a cocktail stick.
- Dip the glass into the saucer.
- Dip the coated glass into a saucer of fine sugar.
- The food colouring will seep into the sugar giving it an coloured hue.
Calories: 156kcal | Carbohydrates: 21g | Sodium: 17mg | Potassium: 5mg | Sugar: 20g | Vitamin C: 2.2mg | Calcium: 7mg | Iron: 0.1mg