How to Make Perfect Toast Points
Learn how to make toast points with this step by step guide. These Toast Points are little breads that are perfect for dips. They are especially great with smoked salmon and can be used in the mornings as a breakfast idea or at night as a party appetizer or hors d'oeuvre. Spice them up with a little cayenne or or garlic or go traditional with a pinch of black pepper.
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time6 mins
Total Time16 mins
Use the options below to toggle between cups and grams (if relevant)
- 8 slices white bread
- 2 tbsp salted butter - see note 1
- 1/8 tsp freshly ground black pepper - see note 2
See note 2 for other seasoning ideas
Pre-heat oven to 400°F/200ºC.
Melt the butter in the microwave or in a small pan on the hob.
Use a serrated knife and a sawing action to cut the crusts from the slices of bread. (see note 3)
Lightly brush 1 side of bread with butter mixture. Sprinkle with pepper
Cut each slice of bread into 4 triangles.
Place the bread, buttered sides up, onto a baking sheet.
Bake 6-8 minutes or until golden and toasted.
Allow to cool on a rack for at least 30 minutes.
Once cooled your toast points can be stored in an airtight container for unto 24 hours.
- If you are using unsalted butter then sprinkle your toast points with a scant 1/4 teaspoon of salt.
- For additional seasoning ideas try:
- Onion powder
- garlic powder/garlic salt
- cayenne pepper
- dried oregano
- dried basil
- cajun seasoning (great with seafood)
- cinnamon (skip the pepper and serve with sweet dips)
- Using a serrated knife and a sawing action doesn't compress the edges of your bread. this gives you a better shaped toast point, that will crisp more evenly and won't have crumbly edges.
Calories: 20kcal | Carbohydrates: 2g | Cholesterol: 1mg | Sodium: 32mg | Potassium: 6mg | Vitamin A: 20IU | Calcium: 14mg | Iron: 0.2mg