Pea Fritters with Goats Cheese Cream
These Pea fritters are the perfect little bite. Packed with pea flavor, quick to make, easy to eat plus they can be made in advance and kept in the fridge for 2 days or the freezer for 3 months! The goats cheese cream is the salty foil to the peas natural sweetness, and everything just tastes out of this world good together!
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time10 mins
Total Time20 mins
Use the options below to toggle between cups and grams (if relevant)
For the Pea Fritters
- 1 1/2 cups frozen peas
- 1 cup ice mixed with 1 cup water
- 1/2 red onion - roughly chopped
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1 tsp chopped fresh dill
- 1/2 cup AP flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp oil plus more if needed
For the Goats Cheese Cream
- 3 tbsp sour cream
- 1/3 cup goats cheese
- 2 tbsp finely chopped red onion
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh dill
Cook the frozen peas in boiling water for 3 minutes then drain and plunge into the iced water until cold.
Put the roughly chopped 1/2 red onion into the food processor and pulse until it is chopped. Add the drain cooled peas and pulse chop until you have a nubbly mixture.
Add in the egg, milk and fresh dill then pulse again until mixed. You want the peas to still have some texture.
In a mixing bowl mix the flour, baking powder and salt together. Add the wet ingredients and stir together to make a wet batter.
Heat the oil in a large heavy fry pan, then fry teaspoon amounts of the mixture until golden and set around the edges, flip and cook for a further minute.
Remove the first lot of fritters to a plate and repeat until all the mixture has been used up.
To make the goats cheese cream:
To Make Ahead:
- To keep refrigerated, cook the pea fritters as per the instructions then once they have cooled popped them into a airtight tupperware container and keep refrigerated for 2 days.
- To freeze placed them in a zip lock bag and lay it flat in the freezer. They will keep perfectly for 3 months.
- In both cases, bring to room temp before serving.
Calories: 37kcal | Carbohydrates: 2g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 10mg | Sodium: 56mg | Potassium: 51mg | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 140IU | Vitamin C: 4.2mg | Calcium: 22mg | Iron: 0.3mg