It was so cold yesterday! I reluctantly got out of bed, wrapped myself in many layers and got on with getting one child ready for school and convincing the other that he didn't really want to wear shorts! It was only half way to school that I realised I still had my slippers on! Doh! And these are quite clearly slippers, they are grey and fluffy and have a dog faces on them. Luckily Mr 4 wasn't at school, so I could do kiss and drop and didn't have to get out of the car!
Coming home Mr 4 snuggled up on the sofa with a blanket whilst I got dinner prepped, which was a matter of 10 minutes. After that I joined him on the sofa and we spent the day reading books and drawing pictures. That is all I did yesterday, oh and we watched the masterchef recap that I missed on Monday. A wonderful lazy day with my youngest and no worries as dinner was cooking and filling the house with delicious smells.
This recipe is a wonder recipe! I love everything about it. From the fact it all cooks in the slow cooker, to the authentic and wonderful flavour the beef gets. Not to mention it takes a cheap cut of beef and turns it into a tender succulent dinner.
What is more you can serve this in any number of ways. Last night, (after a quick poll on Facebook), we ate it stuffed into homemade tortilla wraps with sliced red onion and coriander but you can add it to burritos, serve it over rice, stuff some soft bread rolls with it, make quesadillas, use it as a pizza sauce. The list goes on and on!
If you love this recipe why not subscribe to my newsletter, then you can have delicious recipes straight into your inbox. What is more as a thank you I will send you my soup ebook for FREE!
Subscribe today 🙂
Signup and get my FREE soup cookbook.
Also find me on:
Let's share the food love and make the world a tastier place 🙂
Slow Cooker Barbacoa Beef
- 5 garlic cloves
- 1 sweet yellow capsicum
- 1 green poblano chilli
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 2 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 250 ml water
- 1 beef stock cube
- 2 teaspoon cumin
- ¼ teaspoon dried thyme
- ¼ teaspoon dried basil
- 2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 3 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon smoked paprika
- 1 kg chunk steak
- Pour the garlic, chilli, capsicum, lime juice, apple cider vinegar and water in a large jug.
- Use a stick blender to chop until you have a smooth(ish) sauce.
- Crumble in the beef stock cube, add the cumin, thyme, basil, oregano, tomato paste, salt, pepper and smoked paprika.
- Then continue to blend until everything is well combined.
- Add the sauce to the slow cooker.
- Cut the beef into large chunks and add to the slow cooker.
- Mix well and then cook on low for 8 hours or high for 6.
- Use two forks to shred the beef into pieces, then stir it together and allow it to cook on low for a further 15 minutes.