Blogging 101 will show you the ins and out of blogging, teach you how to craft a blog post, engage readers and how to develop the skills you need to turn your blog into a business.
Do you dream of starting a blog? Of sharing your passion with the world?
In this course I will share everything I have learnt about blogging. Starting at the very beginning and following through to how I have grown Sprinkles and Sprouts and created a 6 figure business.
There is so much information out there, how do you know where to start?
I get that, when I started Sprinkles and Sprouts I knew nothing about blogging, I just wanted somewhere to share my recipes.
Fast forward 4 years and I have a business that allows me to work from home (often in my pyjamas), do the school run, attend school events, take a morning off to have a coffee with my besties and still pay the mortgage.
Even if your end goal isn’t financial, blogging is a wonderful outlet. Share your passion, share your creations, share your knowledge or just document your life.
Starting a blog can lead to so many different opportunities.
Plus in this course I will reveal my 2 secret weapons:
- My 3 pillar system for creating great content that engages visitors and how to implement it. So you can keep visitors on your site for longer meaning more sales/advertising income.
- My 20 point check list to ensure all content on your site is fully optimised.
Starting and running a blog
2 sessions of 2 ½ hours each.
Overview of what it is like to be a blogger
- Day to day running of a blog.
- How to set up a sustainable blog.
- Daily/weekly/monthly tasks and how to plan for them.
Setting up a Blog plan
- Looking at the big picture and what your blog will provide a reader with.
- Targeting your ideal reader and where to find them.
- Finding your USP.
- Correctly structuring categories to ensure your blog is ordered .
How to write a blog post
- The steps you need to create killer content.
- How to optimise that for google.
- How to engage readers.
- How to ensure you stay relevant.
- How often should you publish?
How to use images on a blog
- Why a picture paints a at thousand words, even on a wordy blog.
- How to use pictures to your advantage.
- Plus where to find killer images.
How to conquer the fears
- How to handle the lows of blogging.
- Understanding the ever changing goal posts.
- Strategic (and time-saving) approaches.
- How to use each platform to tell your story.
- How to promote yourself on social media.
Taking control of your own promotion
- The power of an opt-in.
- Why email lists are so important.
- How to structure a newsletter.
How to monetise your blog
- Things you can do to monetise:
- Your Sales Page:
- How to structure it.
- The power of testimonials/comments.