Saturday afternoon. Life is good. The boys are playing happily together (fingers crossed that will last until tea time), I have a cup of coffee, I am feeling relaxed and I have my soft clothes on. Yoga pants and a super soft old t-shirt. I say yoga pants, but I think I may have to face the fact that they are imposture pants, as I have never done yoga in them. I am not a yoga person. I love the idea, the relaxation, the stress relief, the ability to focus and strengthen your body and mind. It sounds so wonderful and I am certain of the benefits. But I am cursed with a trait that ruined my first, and only, attempt at yoga.
When I am embarrassed or nervous or unsure of myself I giggle. Now we are not talking a small smile….oh no I am one of those gigglers….I am sure you have met one, as I think everyone has a friend like me. The person that once she starts giggling she finds it hard to stop. She giggles and giggles and laughs and laughs, until she is almost crying and sounds a little like she can’t breath. Oh yes my friends once I start I just can’t stop. I am the laughing equivalent of the Pringle! (Once you pop you just can’t stop – in case it is only me that remembers that advert 😉 )
So my only attempt at yoga started me giggling and then I found it impossible to carry on. I could’t hold a pose or regulate my breathing as I was too busy trying to hide giggle related hiccups. 😳 So no more yoga for me, but that doesn’t stop me owning a super soft and super comfy pair of yoga style pants.
And this is where my Saturday is at. Yoga pants, a now finished cup of coffee and plans for a delicious dinner of garlic baked prawns. Plump juicy prawns, rich salty garlic butter and golden crispy breadcrumbs. Washed down with a cold glass of white wine and followed by a relaxing evening on the sofa. Yoga pants. Garlic prawns. Wine. Saturday is done! Complete and pretty close to perfect 🙂
Serves 2 (or 4 with bread and a salad or fries 😳 )
- 50g butter (salted)
- 4 cloves garlic (crushed)
- 400g raw peeled prawns
- 1 tbsp white wine
- 1/2 cup Panko breadcrumbs
- 25g butter (salted)
- 1 tbsp chopped parsley
- juice of half of a lemon (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 220°C/200°C fan forced/Gas Mark 7
- Gently melt the 50g of butter until just melted add the garlic and remove from the heat.
- De-vein the prawns and milk with the melted garlic butter and the wine.
- Pour the prawns into a baking dish (or 2 individual dishes) and sprinkle generously with black pepper
- Melt the remaining butter.
- In a small bowl mix the breadcrumbs and parsley. Pour over the butter and mix carefully.
- Sprinkle the parsley breadcrumb over the prawns.
- Place the baking dish in the oven and bake for 12-15 minutes until the prawns are pink and cooked and the breadcrumbs are golden.
- Share with a friend and plenty of bread.